Monday, March 17, 2014

Having passion

I've never really understood what 'having passion for etcetc' or 'do something you have a passion in,' really meant until today.

Yes yes very fast of me, I know.

As in, I get what it means but I don't understand what it feels like. How does it feel to have an undying passion for something?

Sure, when you have a passion for something, you like doing whatever it is. You really like it. Really really really really really really like it.

Hah! I'm stating the obvious now. But saying 'really like' just doesn't do the feeling of 'passion' justice.

I spent the whole of today except for about two hours, half of which was to clean the house and the other playing squash. And I don't know if I'm right or not but oh well.

I realized that I can sit and draw the whole damn day on one piece of paper (yes that's what I did) and not get bored but get more and more excited.

Hell, I laughed to myself while inking my drawings HAHA. And I can't wait to get back at it.

So anyway. Enlightenment came only when I realised that even though my drawings were like really hideous when young and still amateurish(at best) now, I'm still drawing and drawing and drawing.

I mean, look at squash. I gave up years ago after finding out how tiring and how much I sucked at it.

Actually I'm still not really sure what having a full on passion for something means but I'll just enjoy my drawings meanwhile.

Cheers!

No comments: