Friday, September 13, 2013

Tuition

My ex-tuition teacher is awesome. 

Not only did he help me with my math for four years straight, (I hate to think how my math would have been like without him) he also taught me the art of drinking tea. 

Not by choice, sadly. I hated drinking tea in the past, like even iced lemon tea, really. But he always served tea in class:lemon, peach, green, Japanese green and his ultimate favorite as far as we students of his know; peppermint. 

All of which I have grown to like, drink and in the end love after four years of gulping the much needed liquid to stay awake and focused during class. 

That's not the end though. He also showered us with Japanese confections and sweets, especially around the time when the Hokkaido fair, hell any kind of Japanese fairs come to town. Even when it wasn't the 'fair season', we had occasional Royce chocolates and biscuits and all that Japanese goodness during math lessons. 

I would ask you to be jealous but that wouldn't be nice of me. 

Anyway. He also rewarded us for our good work. Or not so good work. Maybe it was for our hardwork? I don't really know, but man he did expose me to all the different kinds of gachapons, like wow. Squeezing such cool games into a little ball? So awesome. 

Cracking lame and cold jokes(I mean ice cold) became a routine after Aldric joined us. Mainly because Aldric's a fan of cold jokes but well, it really made things so fun. 

He has done so much over these few years and while I know that he will probably never see this, I want to say that he is one of the best teachers ever in my life and he is awesome. Mr Lee, you rock. 

The reason I suddenly decided to type this is because about 20 minutes ago, I met him to pass some souvenirs my Mom got for him from Hokkaido and he actually had stuff to give me and my sis. I just felt once a student of his, always a student kind of feeling, you know?

I will attempt those nano-blocks as soon as possible since I'm on holiday and have loads of time. Thanks cher! 

Cheers! 

PS. Those peppermint sweets in my fridge are also a result of his influence/promoting of peppermint stuff. I'm just too lazy to find the tea. 

No comments: