Friday, May 27, 2016

That unknown force

It's amazing how a whole train of thought can go through your mind in literally a split second. 

Just moments ago, I dropped one of my sister's favourite necklace on the escalator just as it was about to end. I quickly picked it up and got off the escalator without damaging the necklace or hurting myself.

Sounds normal enough right?

Immediately after, however, my hands began trembling a little because of what went through my mind and how many emotions I felt within that second.

"Necklace dropped?"

Image of myself putting the necklace in my bag and the reason I did so flashed in my mind.

Brain registered that it's my sister's (favourite) necklace.

Instant panic.

Brain screamed, "JIE'S NECKLACE OHMYGOD SHE WILL KILL ME!!!"

Image of my sister being very upset when she finds out flashed quickly.

Brain also registered that if it goes in, the necklace is history.

Body moved by itself working with the hand and legs to pick up the necklace and step off the escalator without tripping.

HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.

At that moment, I definitely reacted faster than usual. It was like an unknown force just pushed my down to grab it and move. Is this what desperation feels like?

Anyhow, together with the bad photo submission for my student card, this promises to be a good start to the day. =/

No comments: