Monday, December 30, 2013

Flashbacks

I can't remember which year it was, probably sec 1 to 3 I guess.

The girl guides were, as usual, serving food on speech day. Or was it cca commendation? Well, either way its the same.

Obviously on either occasions none of us were very happy about serving food. We'd just marched the whole parade thingy on speech day and you want us to rush to the canteen to set up while the rest gets to relax? And what about cca commendation day? Get dressed in the whole full gear just to serve people.

Looking back now, it was actually really fun bitching about having to lug the uniform and boots to school, and also setting up and all that. But anyway.

For some reason, I was always posted to the so called VIP table. I used to hate the idea of it. But come to think of it, it was probably the most entertaining Booth out of them all!

And by entertaining, I really mean most troublesome.

The teacher there I swear would like breathe down our necks every other minute to ensure we fatten up her colleagues.

"Fill up their plates when it's empty!"

"Arrange the food nicely!"

"Help them fill up the water!"

"Clear the plates for them!"

Sheesh! On that day, the teachers had their own set of waitresses decked out in full guides uniform. They were all like "wow such great service!"

Why yes thank you because I was the only one running around filling up their cups (would like more water sir?) since one of my dear partners ran off to slack somewhere.
But really, it was fun! Guessing when they needed refills and all was quite fun. By the end of the day sarah and I declared we could work as waitresses.

Of course we can't but hey sense of achievement! 

Okay bye!

PS KOKIA ROCKS.

No comments: